Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 51 - Baptism!


August 18, 2014


Hey guys how are you doing?

This week was all in all pretty awesome!  We had a ton of lessons with members, a good district meeting and more than that we had a baptism!!!  You really can't ask for more than that!

Ok, this Monday was pretty good except for the fact that it rained like crazy. I really couldn't believe that much water could come down, especially when it had rained every day for a week straight, but that's what happens when your in Puerto Montt. I've been told by some of the members that they don't believe in Noah's flood because every other year it rains seventy days and seventy nights! Luckily I spent my winter in Punta Arenas because snow beats rain any day of the week! Well we started off going to the church to play a bit of ping-pong before we went out to do a couple of penalty kicks and then we went down to the zone activity where we ate arepas, which are from what I could taste really fat columbian corn tortillas. But, we left full and got in a little more ping-pong. Afterwards, we emailed and got to work. We ended up finding some really cool friends of the Bahamondez familiy and put them with fecha, their names are Gloria and Jose and they're just amazing, prepared people who want to know everything about our message. Afterwards we went to Jonathan’s house where we talked to him about his baptism and went over the interview questions he's doing great and is absolutely prepared for his baptism.

Tuesday, I woke up and finished some last minute preparations for my district meeting and then we headed out early to grab some things from the ward mission leader....... well I'm running out of time so I'm going to skip some great experiences and go to awesome ones.     

 This Friday we had Jonathan’s baptism.  It was amazing! It seemed like everything conspired against us but it all turned out all right and we could all feel the spirit as the vale waned thin! We had gone to the church about 3 hours early to fill up the baptismal font but it turned out that the automatic drain wasn't working.  So without us knowing at 7 it still wasn't full. At about 6 we had a full on black-out so we got Jonathan changed with our flash lights and didn't notice the water level until Jonathan (25 year old sailor from a fantastic pf family) and the bishop stepped into what was only about a foot of water! He was baptized lying down. It still went great and the devotional afterward was fantastic. Well there are a couple other stories I wanted to share but I guess I'll have to wait till next week. I love you all and hope you'll have a great week. I know I will!

Love,


Elder Washburn

No comments:

Post a Comment