Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 48 - Transferred up to Puerto Montt


July 28, 2014


Hey guys how are you doing?

It's been a pretty cold week down here in Antarctic.  In fact everyone’s been telling us that this is the worst winter they've had in quite a while, I didn't think it was too bad but our pipes did freeze this Friday, other than that everything's been normal until Saturday when I was called by the President. Well actually, he first called Elder Barney and then at about 10:40 he called me right before we went to bed to tell me that I'm the new district leader of Presidente Ibañez (sector), which I thought was a little strange because I'm compañero minor right now, but hey I'm excited for the new challenge!  I also heard there's a McDonald’s in Puerto Montt! Other than that it's been a fairly normal week. I got some awesome leather scripture cases from Oscar and Diana and got bit by a dog but my thermals saved me! So all in all, it's been a really bitter sweet week.

Monday we played futbol like normal every pday. I'm getting a bit better and now I'm really starting to get good at putting it in the corner right now. After we played a bit and we went up to Lider and bought our food with the rest of the guys and then headed back home to put the food away and get Elder Barney a hair cut. Afterwards we taught Hermano Angel and then we came home.




Tuesday we woke up went to district meeting and then headed back to eat lunch and study, afterwards we went out and walked a lot trying to contact a few references we had recieved without too much luck. We then went to Sebastian’s house and taught him about the atonement and the importance of the sacrament, he still won't come back to church until he reads the Book of Mormon.

Wednesday we went out in the morning to work on el rescate and then we had lunch. Afterwards we studied and then went up to the mar to teach a few menos activos. We ended up having a lesson with a really old menos activo that hermano Hernandez introduced us to, he was nice with Hernandez but when we came by ourselves Wednesday he wasn't so nice.

Thursday we walked around a lot.  I did the math and figured out that since I've gotten to this sector I've walked about 1800 miles... fun stuff! At about 9 we had a decent lesson with hermano Johnny. His divorce papers are just about done so he can marry his girlfriend.

Friday our pipes froze and we did a really fun airplane activity. I played pilot and crashed a plane filled with 30 people twice, we then had a couple of "angels" lead them through the kingdoms of glory.

Saturday, I found out I'm leaving Punta Arenas. Oscar and Diana gave me some awesome leather scripture cases and I got bitten by a dog (he got it worse then he gave). We then went to a baptism with Oscar and Dahianna. They are doing great!
 
Oscar and my awesome scripture case

Oscar and Dahianna

Sunday we went out and did divisions with hermano Aguero and Gutierez and taught some really great lessons. Oscar and Dahianna came to church and I put Suzanna with a fecha.



Sorry guys, it's a bit short in details but it's been a crazy week and I'm out of time I love you all!

Elder Washburn



No comments:

Post a Comment