Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mexico MTC - Week 3

September 19, 2013


 Dear Family

 ¿Como le va? This week's been decent, missing you guys but that's kinda normal. This week marked the half way mark so I'm officially District Leader now. We had an awesome meeting Tuesday where I actually got to be me, it was great! Everyone seemed to have a good time even if it did go a bit late. As for ties, I'm loving my own and there is tie trading but it's kinda a black market thing that the President kinda looks down on, either way I'd have to know somebody to get in to it anyway. Kinda like our Disneyland tickets... So, I'm finally starting to feel a bit better for the last few days. The mornings not so much, but I'm fine right now. I hurt my knee a few weeks ago I didn't feel anything until this week. So I finally go to the clinic and Dr. Christensen is thinking I've partially torn my acl... Don't worry it's not the one your thinking of, the anterior cruciate ligament, but the anterior co-lateral ligament, everything should be fine just no more contact sports for the next 3 weeks. 

Mexican Independence Day was this Sunday so we got to listen to the Grito. It's the President's first time so it wasn't as cool as it should have been, but either way I didn't get too much sleep with the 27 MILLION people around me lighting fire works. It sounded like we were in a war zone until about 3 in the morning, actually now that I think about it, with all the gunshots mixed in. It was bad enough that we were told to get to our hogars asap after the Grito, due to falling bullets. Now I think I'll pull an Auston and tell you my average schedule.


I wake up at about 6:00 instead of 6:30 so I can be first in the shower and not worry about being late. I don't usally wake up to my alarm clock because there's a rooster somewhere near by that steals it's job. Waking up here sounds like a jungle! There's screaching and crying of parrots mixed in with the honk of horns and smell of exhaust.  I can't really explain it, a concrete jungle perhaps? Either way the birds are amazing, besides their songs. There are parrots which go from lime to emerald green. You love them for a couple days but now they're just noise. We have these cute little things that look like sparrows but when they fly away you can see the scarlet beneath their wings, they're absolutely gorgeous! Other than that there's not much to talk about. We go to breakfast at 7:15 and usally I get the cereal to avoid powdered eggs but occasionally there's something else that is good. After that I head to the class for personal study for an hour and then we have 4 hours of Spanish. After Spanish we pick up the mail and go to lunch.  I don't know why we pick up the mail, nothing arrives. Lunch is the best meal of the day except for pizza/devotional/greenie arrival Tuesdays, my personal record is 7 slices of Costco. After lunch we head to the tienda and hang out and buy drinks. They have the apple beer from Chile that I tried in Atlanta which is by far my favorite.  It's called "lift manzna roja." Unfortunately, they've been out for the last week. :( . After that we head to TALL (technology assisted language learning) which I love but everyone hates. After TALL we head to daily planning and then to gym. Usually we play beach volleyball or I head to the gym to lift with Bellus. After gym we have a few minutes for more planning and then dinner which is either a hit or miss, everything seems to need salt here.  After dinner at 5:45 we have Spanish till 9:30 with Hermana Chistensen (not the doctor's wife, Hermano Smith teaches morning). After 9:30 we all hang out at my apartment till 10:15 and go to bed by 10:30. And then it starts all over!

There's my first real letter and I hope your happy with it!

ELDER WASHBURN


My Companion, Elder Johnson and me

Purple Tie Day

At the temple


Photo bombing/break-dancing with the other district?
The Temple






No comments:

Post a Comment