Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 28 - "I'm a Washburn!"


March 10, 2014


Hola!

Hey guys how are you doing? I just got back from a sick paseo to Saltas de Petrohue with all of the elders in the zone. It was amazing and I'm still trying to find a way to send photos so this might not happen but I can tell you right now that it was beautiful! We hiked around a lot, got soaked, the Zone leaders had to hold me back when I saw a pair of 60 pound Chinooks in the rapids. We had a lot of fun.  Even the 2 hour ride in a cramped van with soaked elders wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I would say it's been a normal week but it hasn't….it's been amazing! I started the week off with an amazing intercambio with the zoneleaders and we finished pretty strong with 8 lessons with members! Sure it's not the 20 we hear about in other missions. But going from a lucky 1 every two weeks to 8 in 1 was killer for me!

Monday after we left emailing we got straight to work and started tracting, We didn't have too much luck at that so we went to an antiguos house, Hector Pincha, he still really doesn't want to do much with us so he just started talking about how the Book of Mormon and the Bible were the same books with a few different names and randomly citing Luke chapter 1, the only chapter of the Bible I think he's read. After that we went out a little more and visited Ingrid and came home.

Tuesday was sick. The previous night we got a call right before 11 that we were going to have an intercambio with the ZL's.  We tried to get some citas fixed in the morning and tried to get my carnet out to Puerto Varas, which was a lot easier than we thought, so we went out to do some service, aka chop wood, that’s all anybody wants these days. After lunch we met up with the zone leaders and they dropped off Elder Jones, one of the previous companions of Elder Renshaw, Wise, Woods, and the majority of the older missionaries.  I know he's a great guy! Well after we planned a bit we went out to pick up Hermano Cortes to take him to a lesson with one of our antiguos, Freddy.  Well for the most part it went as usual, he's living the word of wisdom but doesn't understand why because he hasn't gotten his answer.

After that we made friends with a really cool biker dude and had a really good lesson with Ingrid. It was about 9 o’clock though and we had nothing to do and nowhere we hadn't been.  I knew we should stop by Joel’s but I had no idea where it was.  So Elder Jones asked me if I had faith.  I said yes, he then asked me if I was a little crazy, my reply "I'm a Washburn!" We knelt down and prayed in the middle of the street. I stood up and walked straight to Joel's house and was ridiculously disappointed because he wasn’t there! But I knew we had to be there for a reason, so I kept walking till I found a house that caught my attention and I went and gave my loudest Chileno halo and sat there waiting for a response. Well nada. Until when we were about to turn around Mateo comes out and we start talking to him before he leaves and well he gives us the life story of him and his entire family! Apparently his uncle was one of the pioneer members and one of the first stake presidents in Puerto Montt. His mom is a member and so are his brother and sister and his father was before he died and he isn't. I'm almost sure he's going to progress!  We came home to fajitas to end a perfect night!

Sorry guys that I only got two days in I promise I'll try to make it up next week.  I love you so much and I hope you have as good a week as I will!


Elder Washburn










No comments:

Post a Comment