Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 19 - It's Raining Roasted Ducks!



January 6, 2014


HEY GUYS!!! 

Well it's been a long week but I made it.  Not too much has happened since I last wrote you guys but I'll tell you what happened the rest of P-day last Monday. We headed out of the cyber and I went to Eltit to get my raman (or my twice imported noodles as I like to call them) and went to the Biggs and caught a ride with them to the Elders of Volcan's house to help the Elders clean. Well we got there and the Elders, who the Biggs were going to take to Ojos del Caburgua weren’t there. I jokingly offered that we could go in their place and they accepted! So we went to Ojos for the second week in a row with the Biggs! It was awesome! It's still amazing, gorgeous and still blue. I didn't take any pictures this time, but it's my third time and no matter how pretty it is it just doesn't change! Came home and headed out, knocked a lot of doors and didn't do much else.

Ojos (waterfalls) del Caburgua


Pucon countryside with the Villarrica Volcano in the background





The work here is really starting to pick up and so is the temp! We’ve had a couple of days in the 90's! A funny phrase to say here is "estan caillendo patos asados," its raining roasted ducks! I'd be a lot fatter if it actually was but it sure feels like it. We got a couple good lessons in this week. Olga the less active I started teaching with Renshaw is now active and she bore her testimony this Sunday which was just awesome! We taught a part member family that we found last week. Their son Guillermo isn't a member but is extremely intelligent. He reads and more importantly understands all of the doctrine and things we leave him to study. He's studying to become a pharmacist.  We also taught Barbara and her Mother which was ok.  We still can't get her mother to pray at the end of the lesson but that's gonna change next time. We finally ran into Sebastian this week. He’s still interested in the church but he some how lost his Book of Mormon. We met a cool lady who has had the discussions this week. We taught her on New Years Eve and she agreed to get baptized. Now we just have to get her to church, but I've got a lot of hope for this one. We walked around a lot and got invited to an asado on New Years Eve. We were only there for 5 minutes but I had arranged an appointment and would have eaten my weight in venison if I hadn't been forced to leave! We went to another asado yesterday at the Puentes’, it was fantastic! The house is still beautiful but it's the land it's on not really the house itself.  I took a picture of the grill, it's pretty awesome. He cooked up 15 ribeyes and while latinos eat everything "negro" or well done it was still really good.


Well that was my week, still love you guys and miss you a ton but not much else is new!

Elder Washburn



No comments:

Post a Comment