Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 23 - Pizza de Doritos!

February 3, 2014

Elder Rivera and Elder Santisteban

Hey guys!

How was your week? Mine was a little bit nuts but still amazing! After we emailed last week we went to Lider of course!  I bought cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, and jalapeños. You can guess what the food of the week was... After we came home we went out at 6:00 to proselyte as usual. As we were walking down the hill I heard some heavy metal playing so I swung a left and headed to Jacob's house. Of course he was playing a little Metallica so we popped in an set up a cita for this week and hung out and talked for a bit. We then headed down to fix a date for a noche de hogar with the Barrias. We also needed to take the Elders of Pucòn up to our place. This would have been really easy if someone had charged the cell but of course someone forgot again... so we ended up going down to central and walking around searching instead of going to the house, charging the phone, and telling them the directions for a radio taxi.. ya! Not a fun night. We came home, charged the cell and what do ya know… got a call not 10 minutes later! We told them our directions and they took a radio up while we planned. They got there at about 10:10. I made nacho's, which Elder Santisteban laughed at, calling it a pizza de doritos. It was a little hard to laugh though, when he had his mouth full with my nachos as he was eating his words! Woke up at 6 a.m. and caught the 7:20 to Lanco. It was weird because it was actually on time, which meant we had to wait an hour till the meeting started. The meeting was great and I got some pictures with my plane buddies and Elder Gubler. Left the meeting at 1 but didn't get home till like 5 because we spent 3 hours waiting for a bus instead of taking one to Loncoche and heading out from there. That evening we taught Barbara and she told us that she had honestly never felt like she had received an answer to a prayer. I bore my testimony of revelation through scripture study and she told us she would try to find answers in the Book of Mormon every day.

Wednesday was kind of a bummer. It started as usual. Woke up, showered, got dressed, made breakfast and started studying, (these past few weeks I've been compiling all of my bible underlines, it took a while but I have 287 of them! now I'm transferring them all to my Spanish scriptures). We left the house at 10:30 a.m. and did some service weeding. Afterwards we went to mamita's for lunch and she told us that she couldn't be our mamita anymore. We didn't teach after that, unfortunately. Thursday was a little crazy we taught Sergio and got him to commit to come to church.  We were supposed to leave for correlation but ended up getting called into a young single adults meeting to set up for Friday. We left at about 9:30 and came home. Friday we woke up at 6 and headed to the old high school with the elders of Pucon who had slept at our house again. We got there and started to wake up the 300 young men sleeping in the polytechnico. Elder Santisteban had the cool pinch lip whistle that made our work easy and our ears bleed! Afterwards we went to the devotional our mission president gave on missionary work and we then took out 300 young men and women and did a chapel open house and some contacting. They taught a lot but we didn't get anyone that day. Had interviews with President and then came home.

Saturday was really crazy. We got up and left with the Biggs to do some record work.  We were in the middle of sending out dead names when we got a call from the sisters.  We heard screaming in the back ground as Hermana M told us that her companion had burnt herself with boiling water. Well we all freaked out and rallied all of the matromonial missionaries, including President and Sister Rappleye, who happened to be in town. Fortunately, it turned out to be nothing but some superficial 1st degrees and not the 3rd's that popped into my head! Not too much happened after that and we ended up taking a bus to Relun and teaching Carlos.  He's still got a few things to work on but he's progressing. We watched the air show in town as we walked back home and they had some amazing pilots.  Sunday was absolutely amazing! We had three investigators come to church including Carlos and Sergio and his family. Considering how rare it is to get one person to church, this was nuts for me! We had lunch with the President and taught the Cuevas family afterwards. Well as you can see my week was hectic/awesome I hope you guys have a great week too!

Elder Washburn

My Zone Leader,  Elder Gubler

No comments:

Post a Comment